Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
JGF_Willemstad_Curacao_CW-9807.jpg
The Isla Oil Refinery in the harbor of Willemstad, capital of the Caribbean island nation of Curacao in the Schottegat lagoon, a large natural lagoon connected to the ocean by the narrow St. Anna Bay.  Viewed from the walls of Fort Nassau atop Sablica Hill.  The refinery was built by Royal Dutch Shell between 1915 and 1918, but it is now owned by the government of Curacao.